Saturday, March 7, 2009

You can download the registration form here. Click on the download arrow on the right to download the form.

Inviting Dr. Richard Weleber and his staff from Casey Eye Institute~
in January, it seemed like a good idea to tell my Doc about our RP Social. He seemed very interested and wanted to be invited to the dinner dance. I asked another doctor~
"Dear Suzy,

I think it's a great idea! So what if we have to be somewhat dignified for a
few hours? It will be well worth having him there.

Here is another idea. Back in the days when we had the Social in Salisbury,
NC, we actually had an educational program on Saturday. Once we had a
demonstration from a guide dog school, another time from couple of O&M
instructors, and I was asked to give an update on what was hot in RP
research -- this was before there were so many other resources on the web
and everywhere.

So I'm wondering, would it make sense to have an education session on
Saturday afternoon from, say, 4 to 6, with these doctors and researchers as
speakers, followed by the dinner dance? If they don't feel like staying till 3
a.m. that's totally up to them, but I think they will at least stay for a while,
especially if you invite them to bring their spouses.

So you certainly have my vote, and you should feel free to tell them that I
support the idea."

I began having second thoughts about 'being studied' at a Social. And I ran two ideas past the Committee composed of past social hosts and it seems like
1. A unanimous 'No' to having a panel present on RP Topics. ( It is a Social :-)
2. But 'Okay' to invite the docs to enjoy an RP Social and informally discuss RP.
My intention was to show off how highly skilled we all are and how much love and friendship all share.
Still not sure about the formal invitation. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment