Friday, March 13, 2009


The RP Social 2009 T shirts are ready! And I have the distinct honor of modeling the first one off the press. I would like to get an interview from the artist Larry Marcum. . . ."
When I volunteered to create a logo for our Social this year, I did it blindly, pun intended, since I have not been to a RP Social before. Once upon a time I worked in the printing industry, so now when I get the opportunity to work on a project like this, it is pure fun.
I wanted to try to exhibit the sense of Portland and our beloved RP. Never being to Portland, or any part of Oregon yet, I selected a graphic which shows water, mountains, sky and sun, beauty all around. In looking at the sun in the graphic, I thought why not put an eyeball in the middle of the sun since the eye, for better or for worse is what links us all as friends and travelers together in this life with RP.

Suzy reminded me that Portland is the city of roses, so that was a challenge to incorporate roses into the scene, so why not plant a bouquet of roses at the top of the scene? I chose a type font that is bold and a colorful but simple graphic that as many of us as possible could see.

In the heat transfer process that I use to print the shirts, you can at least feel the images on the shirt when you get them, until you wash it a couple of times, the image does not fade away but the feel does, sorry! By the way, be sure to wash your shirt inside out the first time, which might be difficult to do with you dog's bandana , but it should be ok.

I truly hope that you like the design and I am very excited about meeting you all soon in Portland.
".
Larry will be attending our Social (his first) from Northern California.
He was so kind to send me one. And I love it Larry!

1 comment:

  1. This t-shirt has me hoping to be a part of the social even more! Looks great, I think!

    ReplyDelete